- What is it ?
- pict2arch is a perl script for creating picture archives. The
archives can directly be put on the web. All pictures are scaled
into 3 different sizes (original size, medium and small) in an
- made to create platform independent archives on CD
- written in perl
- use of existing free tools for manipulating pictures
- different scalings of input pictures
- output of web ready html files
- automatic rotation of EXIF format pictures
- pict2arch originated in a set of scripts which were written to
archive a large number of photos from different people.
- pict2arch is available here
- carefully read the installation instructions in the README
file inside the tar ball, particularly about prerequisites.